Climbing Mount Ararat and Western Armenia 8 days
Departure from Yerevan. The capital of Armenia << Thousand and One Churches >> - Ani. Passing by the medieval walls of Ani we can see the Cathedral, St. Amenaprkich, Gagikashen, Tigran Honents, St. Grigor and host of other churches and buildings in ruins. Overnight in Bayazet.
After having breakfast and enjoying the coffee In the morning, the cars, equipped with the necessary accessories, will take us to the foot of Mount Ararat 2200 m altitude in an hour. From here begins conquering the heights and in 5 hours we’ll reach the 1st camp, which is located at 3200 m altitude. Here we will be greeted with hot tea and dinner and have a rest for preparing the next day.
The day begins on the Mount Ararat. After having breakfast, we’ll take the items and climb up to reach 4200 m altitude, where the 2nd camp is. It’ll take 4 hours to get there, then we’ll again have a rest and of course get wonderful impressions.
Here comes the most interesting and expected day when we'll reach the top of Mount Ararat. We’ll wake up about 2:00 at night, to reach and meet the sunrise on the top of the mountain, 4600-4700 m altitude. After enjoying the scene and having a short rest, we’ll continue climbing to the top to get 4900 m, where mountaineers can admire the interesting trip. From here we can see neighbor countries, as well as the Mountain Sis with all of its charm. Some time later the group gets together and goes down to 4200 m camp, and there after having a little rest again gets off to the first camp.
Last Day on Mount Ararat. In the morning after the breakfast mountaineers get down, where the cars wait for them to take the hotels. Overnight Bayazid.
We can see the castle Daroink and the palace Isahak Pasha in Bayazet. After Bayazet we’ll go to the picturesque waterfall Berkri. After we’ll go to Van, and visit the ruins of a fortress Tushpa, Mher door. Overnight in Van.
Tour to Varagavank. Lake Van, Akdamar Island and, of course, an architectural masterpiece The Church of Surb Ghach. Overnight in Bayazet.
After Bajazet we’ll stop in Igdir and then continue to Kars. We’ll visit the castle Karuts, the Church of St. Araqelots, the bridge Vardan, Charents House. Back to Yerevan.
Tour price: 950$ in AMD for one person
The prices include:
- Transportation (minibus 15-17 seats)
- Hotel 3 *, 4 *
- Food (breakfast, lunch, dinner)
- Entrance fees to museums
- Guide (Armenian, Russian, English and other languages)
- Transport to rise the mountain, baggage carriers, mountaineering permission, special mountaineering boots, sleeping bags, mattresses, personal tents (one tent for two people), a cook, hot drinks and light food supply, climbing certificate.
* Minimum 10 people. If the number of people is less than the specified we will have to increase the price by mutual agreement.
* Visas to Western Armenia are not included in the tour price. Tourists pay for a visa on the Armenian-Georgian and Georgian-Turkish border. Visa costs $ 15-30. There are some countries whose citizens are required to have a Georgian and Turkish visas in advance.