Climbing the top of Mount Ararat 6 days
Climbing the top of Mount Ararat is the trips for professional and amateur climbers who wants to conquer sacrosanct altitude of Mount Ararat. The route passes through the southern slope of the mountain, which is the easyest way to get there. The road allows climbers to enjoy the beauty of nature, also reveal places where, according to the Bible, stopped Noah’s Ark after the Great Flood.
Departure from Yerevan.
After having breakfast and enjoying the coffee In the morning, the cars, equipped with the necessary accessories, will take us to the foot of Mount Ararat 2200 m altitude in an hour. From here begins conquering the heights and in 5 hours we’ll reach the 1st camp, which is located at 3200 m altitude. Here we will be greeted with hot tea and dinner and have a rest for preparing the next day.
The day begins on the Mount Ararat. After having breakfast, we’ll take the items and climb up to reach 4200 m altitude, where the 2nd camp is. It’ll take 4 hours to get there, then we’ll again have a rest and of course get wonderful impressions
Here comes the most interesting and expected day when we'll reach the top of Mount Ararat. We’ll wake up about 2:00 at night, to reach and meet the sunrise on the top of the mountain, 4600-4700 m altitude. After enjoying the scene and having a short rest, we’ll continue climbing to the top to get 4900 m, where mountaineers can admire the interesting trip. From here we can see neighbor countries, as well as the Mountain Sis with all of its charm. Some time later the group gets together and goes down to 4200 m camp, and there after having a little rest again gets off to the first camp.
Last Day on Mount Ararat. In the morning after the breakfast mountaineers get down, where the cars wait for them to take the hotels. Overnight Bayazid:
Back to Yerevan.
Tour price: 750$ in AMD for one person
The prices include:
- Transportation (minibus 15-17 seats)
- Hotel 3 *
- Food (breakfast, lunch, dinner)
- Entrance fees to museums
- Guide (Armenian, Russian, English and other languages)
- Transport to rise the mountain, baggage carriers, mountaineering permission, special mountaineering boots, sleeping bags, mattresses, personal tents (one tent for two people), a cook, hot drinks and light food supply, climbing certificate.
* Minimum 10 people. If the number of people is less than the specified we will have to increase the price by mutual agreement.
* Please note that under adverse weather conditions, climbers spend the night not at camp 1 (3200 m), but at the second (4200 m).